Remember Remember

martes, 2 de junio de 2009

Reinstalling...

As I mentioned before, I almost broke my system :P. Even though the system is running well, this (and vacation time) suggested me to reinstall my laptop using debootstrap, lets see how does it go.

lvcreate VolumeGroup -L 5G -n root
/sbin/mkfs.ext3 /dev/VolumeGroup/root
mount /dev/VolumeGroup/root /mnt/
debootstrap --arch=i386 jaunty /mnt

wow, that was easy! ~350Mb (including the packages) and includes many usefull packages.

The system is installed, now we need to make it bootable:

cp /etc/apt/sources.list /mnt/etc/apt
edit edit edit
cp /etc/fstab /mnt/fstab
edit edit edit
mount -o bind /dev/ /mnt/dev/
mount -o bind /proc/ /mnt/proc/
chroot /mnt
apt-get update
apt-get install linux-image-2.6.28-11-generic lvm2 wpagui


Finally I edited the grub conf (menu.lst) and now I am gonna reboot the machine.


A couple of errors, both it booted. I forgot to copy the microcode (firmware) of my wireless card, but once I copied it and configured the wpa, I could connect to my wireless network.

Now

aptitude install firefox-3.5 openbox vim-full mc xserver-xorg-core x11-xserver-utils xinit

and startx :)

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]



<< Inicio